Travel Training is a free instructional program designed to help people use public transportation on Cherriots and CARTS buses through trip planning assistance and route guidance. This program is open to everyone, but focuses on seniors and people with disabilities. Individuals and groups can sign up for travel training.
You’ll learn how to:
- Take trips to specific locations you need to go
- Plan trips with ease and confidence
- Use accessibility equipment such as ramps, kneeling buses and auditory stop announcements
- Board the bus using your mobility device
- Use skills needed to safely ride Cherriots and CARTS buses
- Pay your bus fares
- Transfer between buses
- Meet your individual travel needs
Travel Training facts
- Travel Training is provided by Salem-Keizer Transit staff on an individual basis or in a group setting, based on your individual needs.
- Travel Training is a FREE service. Cherriots even pays your bus fare during Travel Training!
Who can receive FREE Travel Training?
Anyone who needs additional assistance learning how to ride Cherriots and CARTS is eligible for travel training. For example:
- People with disabilities
- Senior centers or group homes for group training and presentations
Travel Training benefits:
- Skills and flexibility to travel with no advance notice or reservations
- Enjoy independence! All Cherriots and CARTS buses have accessible lifts or ramps for easy boarding.
- Confidence while traveling
For More Information
Call 503-588-2424 and ask for Travel Training. For route and schedule information, call Customer Service at 503-588-BUSS (2877).
Sign Up Today
To get started with your Travel Training, simply download the Travel Training form, fill it out and send it to us via:
Mail: Salem–Keizer Transit, 555 Court Street NE, Suite 5230, Salem, OR 97301
Or call Salem-Keizer Transit at 503-588-2424 to have a referral form mailed or faxed to you.
For any questions please call 503-588-2424 and ask to speak to one of our outreach representatives.