Cherriots Regional: Connecting Marion and Polk Counties
If you live in Marion or Polk counties, Cherriots Regional express routes connect you with the places you want to go. Cherriots Regional buses run Monday through Friday, and Routes 1X, 10X, 20X, 30X, 40X, and 50X all connect to the Salem Downtown Transit Center. The Polk County Flex provides services between Dallas, Monmouth and Independence. Our area partners also connect with Cherriots and Cherriots Regional to provide service to Grand Ronde, Lincoln City, McMinnville, Canby, and more.
Cherriots Regional provides service to the following communities:
Polk County Flex (PCF)
Use transit in your area without having to travel into Salem. Your origin and destination must be within Dallas, Independence or Monmouth. Rides on the Polk County Flex must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Please note the number of trips may be limited in order to keep the bus on schedule. To book a trip, call the Cherriots Call Center at 503-315-5544. The PCF serves the following cities:
Our partners provide service to the following communities:
Cherriots Regional connects with these area partners:
- Cherriots local bus service in Salem and Keizer. Most Cherriots Regional buses go to the Salem Downtown Transit Mall which is served by local Cherriots buses.
- Yamhill County Transit serves the West Salem Transit Center and travels to Amity and McMinnville.
- Canby Area Transit (CAT) connects with Cherriots Regional Routes 10X and 20X at BiMart in Woodburn. CAT Route 99 goes to Canby (where you can connect with SMART) and Oregon City (where you can connect with TriMet).
- South Metro Area Regional Transit (SMART) partners with Cherriots to operate Route 1X. Based out of the Salem Downtown Transit Center, Route 1X and travels to Wilsonville where you can also connect with TriMet to Portland.
- Tillamook County Transportation District also serves the Salem Downtown Transit Center and travels to both Grand Ronde and Lincoln City.
- Amtrak trains based out of the Salem Amtrak station serve stops north to Portland and beyond, as well as stops south to Eugene and beyond.
- POINT bus service is operated by the Oregon Department of Transportation and stops at the Amtrak Station in Salem. Riders can travel south as far as Eugene and north as far as Portland.
- Greyhound buses also stop at the Salem Amtrak Station and serve the entire United States.
- Woodburn Transit System connects with Cherriots Regional Route 10x (at the Woodburn Transit Center and Woodburn Bi-Mart) and Route 20X (at the Woodburn Bi-Mart).