Cherriots Local buses operate Monday through Saturday providing safe, friendly, and reliable service throughout the Salem-Keizer area. All Cherriots Local buses are ADA-accessible and have front-load bike racks that accommodate up to two bicycles at a time. Our fleet of clean diesel and compressed natural gas vehicles are well maintained to ensure the comfort and safety of both our riders and drivers.
Plan your trip
Plan your trip
Cherriots Local also connects to the following regional partners that offer service throughout Oregon:
- Cherriots Regional serves Marion and Polk counties. Most Cherriots Regional buses go to the Downtown Transit Center for convenient transfers.
- South Metro Area Regional Transit (SMART) partners with Cherriots to operate Route 1X between the Downtown Transit Center and Wilsonville.
- Yamhill County Transit serves the West Salem Transit Center and travels to McMinnville and beyond.
- Tillamook County Transportation District serves the Salem Downtown Transit Center and travels to both Grand Ronde and Lincoln City.
- Shuttle Oregon is a shuttle serving Portland, Salem, and Central Oregon.
- Amtrak trains based out of the Salem Amtrak station serve stops north to Portland and beyond, as well as stops south to Eugene and beyond. Cherriots Local Routes 8 and 18 both serve the Salem Amtrak Station.
- POINT bus service is operated by the Oregon Department of Transportation and stops at the Amtrak Station in Salem. Riders can travel south as far as Eugene and north as far as Portland.
- Greyhound buses also stop at the Salem Amtrak Station and serve the entire United States.
- FlixBus offers coach bus service between Seattle and Southern California.